Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Author   Comment  
Bill

President:
Chinese Buffet
Fan Club
Reply with quote  #1 

I picked up a Fiamm Freeway Blaster Low Tone Horn from Pepboys ($20) over the weekend and installed it on my KL250. I normally just stay away from traffic, but I’ve been commuting to work on the motorcycles this year to save gas. The Sherpa averages 64 miles to the gallon and my regular car is a 12 mpg Wrangler. The Fiamm has two leads and is non-polarity conscious, so it’s a plug and play with no relay. It sounds like a regular car horn, but at 130 decibels. It’s a cheap and easy mod if you wanted to upgrade your horn to something more noticeable. Not too much bigger that the stock types…

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #2 

Good info on making noise.

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
jahroots81

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #3 

Stebel Nautilus compact air horn  installed one of these on my dr650, larger than the original horn but that was the idea, 140 db these things are loud. love to see the look on peoples face when i blow the horn @ them. definite attention getter. mounted pretty easy (had to fabricate a bracket out of aluminum flat stock) in original horn location never had a problem offroad other than the occasional accidental horn blast in the woods. sure they weight alot more than the one you have due to the air compressor, like the sound of air better than electric horns. 
Stebel nautilus compact air horn: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/imagecatalogue/imageview/11669/?RefererURL=/trade/productview/2137/539/

Ob1quixote

ELO Kiddies
Reply with quote  #4 
I put a hi-lo tone pair of Freeway Blasters on the front of my DRZ400, mounted them on the frame meant to hold reflectors over the front fender.

It is nice to be mistaken for a Pontiac.
ThumpRider

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #5 
130 db for $20 and no relay? That's a deal !  I've got the Steibel on my R90 to replace that lame excuse for a horn. More of a novelty item as the best response to an inattentive driver isn't the horn.....IMHO
jeknow

Anyone Seen TurnSignalTom?
Reply with quote  #6 
Cool I'm down for one of these. It's nice to be heard
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!