A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
RonWinget

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #1 
Where can I ride my DS bike in Eastern Tennessee? We are from Florida but my Wife and I are visiting friends in Morristown over Thxgvg weekend, and I am bringing my Husky. While they are shopping (Black Friday) I am free. Would like to do a day trip into the hills and find some Jeep trails. Any suggestions? Any takers?

Thxs!
wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #2 
Sorry I can not help but I hope you have a great and safe ride.

Mark

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
swampy

Reply with quote  #3 
Ron,

Coal Creek is a little ways from you, you would just have to drive back to Knoxville than a little ways up 75...

http://forum.dixiedualsport.com/post/Coal-Creek-1979246

Been here...it's fabulous... well worth the time and the permit fee...

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #4 
I've never been to Coal Creek but I hear it's some great riding. My family is from Morristown and surrounding area including Bean Station, TN. We'll be waiting on a ride report. Have fun.

I know McPush, and you Sir, are no McPush!
Reply with quote  #5 
Coal Creek is one of the best places I have ever ridden. Ride, camp, repeat.

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #6 

Excellent idea guys! Coal Creek it is. One more thought... I might have to go it alone. Are there enough riders around to get me some help is I break down away from the trail head? Thxs!

Ron Winget

swampy

Reply with quote  #7 
As long as you stay close to the gate wander a few miles in and you'll be alone!

Reply with quote  #8 
Ron:

You don't "have to go it alone", you choose to go it alone. So be sure that you also choose to prepare yourself for what could happen when riding deep in the woods alone. There are some treacherous routes available not far from the gate, and pinned under your bike with broken bones just out of eye/ear shot for hours or days could make for a disappointing adventure. At least take a SPOT and keep it (hopefully) accessible. I would also strongly recommend that you try to find a freind to accompany you.

Again, Coal Creek is one fantastic place to ride. I've been hoping DDS would do an organized or semi-organized event there for years. As I'm writing this I'm also wondering why the hell I'm not loading up the KTM so that I can ride Coal Creek with you. I was there on a DRZ last time........

Like the intro to TOSH.0 says, Enjoy!

Reply with quote  #9 
Hummmmmmm... Im sensing a DDS Road Trip next year......

Reply with quote  #10 
How sweet it is.....

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #11 
Gentlemen - Like the rest of you, I'm a risk-taker, but not a fool. If I do Coal Creek alone I will be prepared. One of my favorite songs is "Cool Change" by Little River Band. Remember the lyrics;

If there's one thing in my life that missing
It's the time that I spend alone
Let me breath the air...

I am also a sailor and I often go it alone. Self-reliance at that level is intoxicating. But I am also a realist, and I have ridden long enough and hard enough to know that brutal surprises abound. I would prefer to ride Coal Creek with some friends, but I won't hestitate to go it alone.

Ron

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #12 
Road Trip
Road Trip
Road Trip
Rode Trip
Bus Load Trip
Load Trip
Commode Trip (got to go nature calling)

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!