Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
swampy

Reply with quote  #1 
Wow! Do you recognize any of these guys? This is the 2nd, yes the 2nd Devil's Creek ride, and way before we started with the Saturday Adventure rides!!

Welcome to August 1998...

Okay...here's DurtyDoug and his XR400 followed by Cliffhanger and Where's Roger.....

Here's Cliffhanger (Brian), and his KLR that was broken in half at the Hocch this same year (see Hooch 98!) notice how crooked the headlight fairing is....

...ahhhhhh...the forest....

The left hand side of this road is now clearcut, and the roadway in front of the guy can be a huge waterhole now....

...who remembers this bike...

This was a fun hole. The part where the guy is in was the deepest. There was a drop off in it! All this water on the right was shallow....

Mike Phillips and his brand new WR400! He still rides this bike today! Oh yeah, the trees behind him are gone....clearcut......

...on the north side...

...damn fine lookin' motorcycle....

...back to that waterhole...Tom Mahoney, circa 1998...and he still has that DR350 as well......

...okay...let's see how the memory works....L to R... MudMagnet Tom, Dirtboy, Tom Mahoney...and I want to say Rick and Becky, but I'm not really sure...and there's that dang purty butterscotch KTM again!

...my buddy Dirtboy, with the electric orange riding gear and the unstoppable XT350! Remember THAT Jack?

Steve Odland rides the Creek every year. In '05 he rode it on a restored Bultaco!

Lunch and gas. Goaawwdddd how we muddied up the floors in that place!

Okay, that's all I have on Devil's Creek '98. Anybody have any memories about that one?

DDS LifeTime Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Yep, I remember that XT350.  That tractor pulled a few bikes outta the swamp!

DB

'14 Honda MSX125 Grom
'99 Aprilia SR50
slider

Kazoo Virtuoso
Reply with quote  #3 
Yep, that was the year before I started riding with youse guyz.  Never will forget Mr Toads wild ride on my 1997 KTM 620RXCe.  I was all over the place because I had never ridden in sand before.  Still have my Tshirt from that one.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!