A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

Registration Opens January 2, 2019

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
Flboy

Delightfully Tacky
Yet Unrefined..."
Reply with quote  #31 
Ok... I finally learned how to use the GoPro editing Software after figuring out the issue was my out of date video driver. The link is a 2 minute highlight of a great weekend! I hope you enjoy! Don

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #32 
  Very nice! Thanks.

Reply with quote  #33 
I don't remember a waterhole.... [imaposer]

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #34 
 I must have missed a turn and got on the Discovery route because we "discovered" a lot of them!

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #35 
I found a really deep waterhole.
Can anybody give me some advice on getting my DRZ running again?
Right after it flooded last Saturday we took the air filter off and drained all the water out the side .  Then we stood the bike up vertical and drained the water out of the exhaust.  We couldn't get the spark plug out so I got it out the next day on Sunday.  I turned the engine over and water sprayed out of the cylinder.  I also drained the water out of the float bowl. 
Today Saturday I drained the engine oil and it was half full of water. 
If I put in fresh oil and try to start it, will I damage the engine? 
Thanks for any advice.

2004 XT225
freedom5

Look At The Size Of THAT Tank!
Reply with quote  #36 

DEVILS CREEK 2014----EPIC FLORIDA RIDING AND OUTSTANDING EVENT BY THE FEARLESS LEADER" SWAMPY AND CREW" THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[perfect10]     [funfun]   [greatride]    [ddsocks]

97 BMW F650GS FUNDURO
            02 HONDA CR250
wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #37 
Dear Water Logged PineCone, look like you done good over all.  

A few suggestions. 

First put a little oil in the cylinder through the spark plug hole.  Then turn the motor over a few times . The oil will help lube the cylinder where the water was.  Once you see that no more water is coming out, should be ok to start.

Drain the carb.

Check blinkers and other lights for water.

Make sure air filter is dry and oiled.

Once you get it running, change the oil and oil filter again. Better safe than sorry.  Once the new oil is in place run again and then check the oil for any water.

Something extra that would not hurt, spray all electrical contact junction with Dielectric spray. Do not use the grease but get in the spray can.

Good luck.

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #38 
And you don't want to forget to change the transmission oil and regrease the piston return spring. You should then be good to go.

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

PineCone

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #39 
Thank you Wingam00 for your kind suggestions.  I oiled the cylinder and got it started with a big cloud of smoke.  Ran it for a few minutes.  Water came out of the exhaust pipe.  Drained the oil and it was white as milk.  Put in new oil, ran it and no smoke but still water from the exhaust.  Drained the oil and still white.  I guess I'll just keep repeating until the oil comes out clear.  I need to buy more oil. 
2004 XT225
swampy

Reply with quote  #40 
Yup. More oil. Use the cheap dinosaur stuff until it does not have a trace of water (streaks) should come out looking like regular dirty oil. Once that happens, run one more dino flush, then you can go back to synthetic if you were using it before...

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #41 

[greatride][thankyou][ddsocks]

A great time for riders of all two (and three) wheeled machines.  With 3 awesome routes to choose from or change between with proper planning.  Camping, Riding, Friends, Food, and FUN equal one EPIC EVENT. 

Here's some of what I got on the gopro when it was actually on.

***** Warning there may be some inappropriate language and smartassedness [blbl]  

HEAD

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #42 
I finally got around to putting my Devil's Creek clips together. 

[teamwanker]

[greatride][ddsocks][thankyou]
FlyNW

Swampy said it's okay.
How deep can it really be?
Reply with quote  #43 

Well it was a classic Devil's Creek.  Many thanks to all the hard work folks put in to make it happen.  Great fun, great food and great friends.  Oh yeah, great ride too!  I think it was the best yet.  Wayne, hope you and your buds made it OK on Sunday.  I got myself so lost I lost you too.  That's what a dual sport is all about,  Cruising through the woods wondering did I turn too early or did I turn too late?  Great fun.  Swampy and all, I salute you.

Nate

[perfect10][ddsocks]

Reply with quote  #44 
Watching those videos makes me think I missed an awesome ride! [biker3]

I'll Never Get Over
Nacho Grande...
Reply with quote  #45 
I enjoyed Devil's Creek 2014 so much I went back again today and rode some more in Richloam.  With the rain we have been having lately, the water was even deeper. (I can only imagine what you guys had to deal with when you set up the ride) There were a few places that we just laughed and said no way and turned around.  I now have a place I marked on my GPS to avoid on FR 86.  My buddy drowned his KTM pretty badly there.  I went around while he went through, but going around wasn't much better.  It took us a while to get his bike going again.  On the positive side, the sugar sand was easy to negotiate, it was almost hard pack.  

Lots of wildlife out today including several alligators.  All in all a great day to be out riding.

DirtMedic.wordpress.com
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!