A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events
AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
suzukidirtbike

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #1 
Devil's Creek 2014 is now in the history books! As always, Swampy and crew have gone above and beyond the call of duty to make this event as awesome as possible for each and every one of us.

Devil's Creek is Dixie Dualsport's homecoming event each year.  Folks come from all over the USA each year, and some folks get their passports stamped before arrival at Sertoma.  No matter how close you live or how long the journey to get here, nobody leaves Devil's Creek without experiencing the unique camaraderie that DDSers share on our rides.

This event is 100% Swampy's baby.  Thank you sir, for all that you do year round to keep DDS running.  However... EL Swampo himself will be the first to tell you that he couldn't make it all happen without such a great support staff. It all begins with family. Mrs. Swampy, the swamplings, swamplings-in-law, and grand swamplings put in countless hours to ensure that we have a safe, fun-filled, adventure each year.

The layout team, pre-riders and sweep crew get a chance to be a part of the event, while doing everything possible to keep the routes as accurate as possible, give guidance and render aid when needed, and make sure that you aren't still sitting in the woods later that night, while the rest of us are telling lies about who caught the biggest fish in his airbox.

Miss Linda's cooking isn't cheap, but over the years we have gotten spoiled by her hospitality, service with a smile, and DAMN GOOD grub.  She and her crew deserve thanks for putting up with a bunch of hungry, smelly, mud-soaked dual-sporters each year. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... "The only thing better than Miss Linda's ribs, is MORE of Miss Linda's ribs!"

Last, but definitely not least... Let's thank the sponsors who make Devil's Creek extra special with ride demos, door prizes, and excellent products and services that are tailored to the unique needs of dualsporters.  In case you forget who any of them are, just look at the top of this page.  Be sure to shop them when you are in the market for your next moto purchase, no matter how big or small.

Thank you all for making DC'14 one of the best ever!

-Rob and Tricia Parker

DDS Lifetime member #0893
2007 Honda CB919 Hornet
1974 Honda XL 100
2003 Suzuki DR650 "SUPERTANKER!!"
RonWinget

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks Swampy! I had a kick-ass wekend and I rode the wheels off my bike. I know what it takes to pull off an event, especially a successful event. It ain't easy. But Devil's Creek hits the mark time and time again. As an old MX'er I can't believe the miles I've driven, and the money I've spent to ride one 10min practice and two motos. Then, to jump on miles of pre-marked trail, punctuated by lunch and support crew, puts me in dirt-bike heaven. I just can't get the dusty smile off my face! Yee Haa!

Ron Winget
MikeW

This Week's
Winning Lotto Numbers:
3-16-17-22-35
Reply with quote  #3 
My 2 Cents:

Thanks Swampy and family as well as all the folks who volunteered their time. I feel this was the best year ever for the Devil's Creek ride. Great food, friends and, oh yeah ... riding!

Romans 6:23
kawazukimaha

Good, Bad, and Ugly
Reply with quote  #4 
Parker said it all. Where is the DDS Like Button?

Thanks to ALL the Swampyville Clan. A beautiful family that supports
and enjoys the Passion we all share.
Number 18 Devil's Creek another EPIC EVENT!
The experience and emotion of the DDS family under the Pavillion
watching the documentary film "Why We Ride" was truly one of life's
amazing moments for me.
[grouphug][ddsocks][thankyou]

01 Suzuki DR-Z250
06 Triumph Tiger
96 Yamaha XT225 (Mel's bike she doesn't ride)
79 XS650F Rode it from 1985 to 94 Needs TLC
75 DT250B Since I was 19 

"Life Changing is when you no longer have a Bike"
JohnBG

Kazoo Virtuoso
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Swampy for all your hospitality!

Here's a link to a video I shot of the Ural gang on the Adventure ride: 

Dan

Free Beer Tommorrow!
Reply with quote  #6 
Well, this was a new experience for me.  After riding five Devil's Creeks I decided to step it up a notch, and volunteered to ride layout and sweep.  This adds a whole new dimension to the experience.  Four weeks before the event, we are hit with 3 to 4 inches of rain in 24 hours.  Swampy and Bert brave the elements that day and head out on the first leg of layout.  Lightning, heavy rain and hail finally run them out of the woods.  Next day the rest of us show up to ride.  The woods are completely flooded out!  Several of us went down in the water holes.  I drown my bike big time, and it took an hour and a half to get it going again.  Between the first layout ride and the day of the event, we went from a totally flooded forest to one foot deep sugar sand.  What the hell! 
Anyway.................. here are the sweep riders from the 2014 Devil's Creek. 
From left to right, Dan, Steve, Bob and Dave.
[2014DevilsCreek010_zpsbb5636f1]

Free Beer Tommorrow!
Reply with quote  #7 
Most of the forest looked like this in the early days of layout.
[2014DevilsCreek003_zpsfeddfd5e] 

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #8 
Another great one ! It was a blast.  A BIG thanks to ALL that helped put it on.
Ralph & Dottie 

04 Yamaha TW 200
Dan

Free Beer Tommorrow!
Reply with quote  #9 
We Wind up stuck up to our ears on Saturday several times, and help some other riders on there way.
[2014DevilsCreek002_zps99f7d3b3] 

Free Beer Tommorrow!
Reply with quote  #10 
Sunday, we run into ADVENTURE GIRL, who has a flat.  Oh, too bad.  Swampy loans his wife's bike to Jim to ride and does not give him a spare tube, tools, baby wipes, tampons or anything!!!
Rob the Canadian comes to the rescue with the needed items, and changes the flat.

[2014DevilsCreek006_zpsc37e186b]

Free Beer Tommorrow!
Reply with quote  #11 
No good deed goes unpunished.  Rob received a sweep sticker over his protest.  " But it wasn't me that got behind, I just stopped to help, eah!" We explained, we are not here to help, just to harass!
Boy, those Arizona boys sure do get red in the face watching someone work!
[2014DevilsCreek008_zps1b00199e] 

Free Beer Tommorrow!
Reply with quote  #12 
The important thing is that Swampy gets his bike back covered in sweep stickers and pink streamers!
[2014DevilsCreek009_zpsa57dfea3] 

Free Beer Tommorrow!
Reply with quote  #13 
Then we run across our unofficial sweep team.  Forgive me, I suck at remembering names, but I think it was Travis and his buddy.  We stop at a big mud hole and out of the woods appear these guys. One had been abandon by his buddies and  was pushing his bike for a couple of miles.  Travis and his friend stopped and were pulling this bike through the mud and the blood and the beer.  We found out that the bike was dead, so we started  troubleshooting.  We determined that the fuel tank breather tube was kinked under the tank bag, which caused the tank to hold vacuum and not allow fuel to to the carb.  After ripping the breather tube off, they were on there way.
[2014DevilsCreek005_zpse4b5c901]

Free Beer Tommorrow!
Reply with quote  #14 
Here is what happens when you stop in a bunch of weeds to pull a ribbon off a tree limb, and stick your foot down to find that there is a ditch you didn't see. I see Steve stop, put his foot down, and disappear into a ditch!  By the time I got my camera out, he was standing again.
[2014DevilsCreek012_zps5c85d77e] 

Free Beer Tommorrow!
Reply with quote  #15 
So, by the end of the day Sunday, I was ready for a rest.  Four weeks of riding swamps to desert. Enduring the screams of Swampy when he broke his foot. (What a Puss) The Devil's Creek event weekend, Miss. Linda's food. A great movie, and to top it off some great conversations with old friends and new, including one of the biggest motorheads on the planet, Dave Despain!! And what does all that do to a 63 year old body?? You wind up looking like a skunk ape on a bad hair day! Can't wait to do it all over again next year!
[2014DevilsCreek014_zps00669bc2]

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!