Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
swampy

Reply with quote  #46 

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #47 
You can't really tell but I was holding it up so Bert could see it.

Got Mud?
Reply with quote  #48 
Hey There, a little vid with some photos:

The Creek 2013

K
ubano Out

Reply with quote  #49 
Sunday always seems to be a "half-day"...

Folks getting up late, deciding whether to ride again or not.... but mostly.... to ride again!

Here's a group of Discovery riders, entering the forest....

Sunday is designed to be a little shorter overall, since most people are usually beat up by what Devil's Creek throws at them come Saturday afternoon. Still, there's plenty of woods to cover.... including the first 3 miles of sand which surely wakes the dual sport folks up, before they settle into the overhanging canopies of the forest....

Our man McPush contributing his share to the ride... guarding a road crossing, and raking out the tire tracks and divits. Thanks McPush and all the other crossing folks!

Now I'm gonna steal some of Bert's Sunday Pictures since I was riding sweep.....

Some of the boys getting to Sunday Dinner....

Here's Tom Rhodes (on right) and his right hand man George (on left) maker of some great hard cider, and coordinator of the DDS road crossing volunteers! Big props to Tom! (Plus they're looking sporty wearing their Devil's Creek sport wear!)

Now you're probably wondering why we call lunch on Sunday "dinner"...

Well, it's an old timey thing.... a good old Southern Tradition...

It's the time where the family gets together on Sunday afternoon for dinner....

.... at the little house in the woods...

Lots of cake and 'nanner pudding....

You want a ham sandwich lunch, this is the wrong place to be!

Sure looks better than some ham sandwich or a burger at McDonald's!

Ron going back for thirds... JUST KIDDING! There's still a lot of riding left today!

A little maintenance here....

... a little tire fixin'  there....

Dirty faces....

Lot's of smiles...

Tall tales of daring.....

.... and adventure!

We always say DDS is a family. Some close, some distant. Some crazy, some serious. But we're family.

And Devil's Creek is more than a 17 year Southern Tradition,  it's always a Family Reunion!

Reply with quote  #50 
.... and long time sweep rider DRIVER was missing this year due to work in New York State...

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #51 

Finally got to go thru some of the gopro footage and string some clips together. this is some of the highlights (crashes included) from saturdays dual sport route. the camera angle is a little low towards to end after i...... make an abrupt stop to check the headlight in some of that mud swampy warned about, the headlight was on and my helmet works. have lots more video to go thru, try and post more soon. 

[video]http://[/video]

and a to ALL who make it happen

Rfiore1975

Whoo Hoo!
My First Post!
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeknow
Hey ya'll just wanted to give a thanks to the brothers that helped the old guy lift the buried DR650 out of the mud hole Saturday. I didn't get any names and we're all in goggles and helmets so I don't know who you are but THANK YOU! And thanks Swampy and all the volunteers who help make this fun for the rest of us. Hope someone got a picture of that I was truly stuck.

You are very welcome! I was in the group of three that rode up after the sweep team got there. I snapped a pic just after we dislodged it from the quick sand. I tried to post the pic but was not successful. Post your email address and I will send it to you.

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfiore1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeknow
Hey ya'll just wanted to give a thanks to the brothers that helped the old guy lift the buried DR650 out of the mud hole Saturday. I didn't get any names and we're all in goggles and helmets so I don't know who you are but THANK YOU! And thanks Swampy and all the volunteers who help make this fun for the rest of us. Hope someone got a picture of that I was truly stuck.

You are very welcome! I was in the group of three that rode up after the sweep team got there. I snapped a pic just after we dislodged it from the quick sand. I tried to post the pic but was not successful. Post your email address and I will send it to you.

I can't believe Swampy made y'all go thru quicksand!! Lol

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

EAR21

Does This Bike
Make My Butt Look Fat?
Reply with quote  #54 
Great video  By        jahroots81

Thanks!  I could not make the ride, but this made me feel I was there!

Now With 20% More
Off-Road Goodness!
Reply with quote  #55 

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #56 
part 2  and i fix the camera angle at some point 

swampy

Reply with quote  #57 
First I want to say it's pretty neat to follow the ride.... especially since I knew where you were! And the ribbons were pretty well placed I must say!

Soil-Samples on video are always funny to watch!

and at the 10:30 mark the large opening in the woods..... for years that has been grassy with a tw-track through the middle. The past few years it's become a 4x4 mud slosh pit. Which sucks really, as it was more of a food plot for wildlife prior....

That same spot two years ago was about axle deep in water all the way across, and i remember Johnny Afrika pulling Jerry like a wakeboarder across it...

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #58 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy
That same spot two years ago was about axle deep in water all the way across, and i remember Johnny Afrika pulling Jerry like a wakeboarder across it...

Richloam was really different this year....we are in a serious drought.....we still laugh about that day....lol

KTM 500XCW KTM 1190R KTM 300 XCW Honda Z50R 83 XR500 Street Tracker project Ural Patrol 06 Ural patrol, Sherco 3.0                   TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
swampy

Reply with quote  #59 
What's even better in that section, (I'll have to check the video again if you can see) is that the high water line on the cypress trees in that area are about 3 feet above the ground....

John is correct, we have been in a drought.... all it's gonna take is an el nino year and the forest will be flooded out like in '10....

That was a fun ride!

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #60 
heres the last of saturdays dualsport ride

[video]

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!