Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolguy1
I'm not sure but I think Stubb liked it...... 

He must have because of all the pictures he took!!!

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
swampy

Reply with quote  #32 
... and speakin' of Friday Night....

New for DC2013 was the DDS Friday Night at the Movies! (Great idea Bruce Hartmann!)

So Friday everything was finishing up and the theater guys comes in his van with the theater...

That's right....

A full blown 24 x 12 screen, kick ass projector for crystal clear HD picture, and a sound system that would blow the windows out of punk kids '92 Buick LaSabre!

Did I mention popcorn? Oh yes, we had popcorn as well!

Here's the guys setting up the screen and playing some music videos trying to get the set-up dialed in....

The sun goes down and the movie thing starts as people filter in with camp chairs for the best spots, or pick a spot at a picnic table!

To guage the size, here's what it looked like from the opposite end of the pavillion....

And what was the Movie of the Creek this year?

One of the riders in the film was our own DDSer Aaron Sprague shown here with the bike he rode not only on this journey, but also from Alaska to Argentina!

Some folks stayed around after the movie to listen to some first hand stories and to ask Aaron some questions about the trip....

Stubb, glad you enjoyed the newest edition to the Devil's Creek line-up...

Wait'll next year..... you know it always gets better!

Aaron is also the owner of EuroCycles of Tampa Bay where they sell Ducati, BMW, Triumph, MV Agusta, and Brammo. Check them out at http://www.eurocyclesoftampabay.com/

Ya never know.... we may have some GS, Tiger, And MultiStrada test rides next year...

Reply with quote  #33 
Just thought I'd throw in a few more pictures.
Bert

Not long into the ride I found some fresh road kill to bring to the Bull Shoot Saturday night.
Anyone like the stew I brought?

There were lots of nice sections this year.

Miss Linda outdid herself again

Some people had so much to eat that they wanted to lay down and get a nap right after they ate.

While other chose to go for a swim.

All told it was a great day to be out in the woods riding.

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
1965stangr

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #34 
Hey Swampy, the Brothers from Cumming Georgia had a great time this year. no major problems like last year, you remember, broken necks, lost motor home keys and wallet. We thoroughly enjoyed the discovery route along with new friends Bucky and Larry. Thanks to everyone working so hard putting this event together you all did a superb job and we can't wait to do it again next year. Oh yeah, before I forget, out of all the dual sport rides I've done over the years, the food at Devils Creek is by far the best. Miss Linda does the best lunches, and the bull shoot dinner was awesome as well.

Thanks again
Randy Shaheen

Hey! You're Blinker's On!
Reply with quote  #35 
Swampy and company,

As a first time DDS participant I must compliment all of you on the hospitality, food, event organization and venue; impressive to put it mildly!  I improved my sand riding (and crashing) skills and learned that even though I followed the directive to stay away from the mud holes they have the power to suck you in anyway!  Many thanks to the riders that stopped to help me extract my KLR (pictured earlier in this post). The discovery route was perfect for me - right on the edge of my comfort zone.  I'll definitely be back for future events!

Many thanks to all!!

Got Mud?
Reply with quote  #36 
Swampy,

This is my second ride with you (C-FL).  Kudos for a great event with great people.  I was really impressed by the ecclectic nature of the group - great conversation.  It was great to see how newbies were brought into the fold.  Appreciate the effort and look forward to the next event!

But, I must ask......do you really do anything other than ride around looking for good trails?  Sure seems like a full time job to me!
slider

Kazoo Virtuoso
Reply with quote  #37 
As usual a shout-out goes to Swampy and crew for another great event.  In particular Tom who hauled myself and 2 other souls and bikes back from the Saturday lunch stop to the campground.  I had a bearing go out on my rear wheel.  Its the cush drive one I robbed off my '97 620RXC.  After many road miles it has seen annual use at the DC event only since around 2001.  What could go wrong the bearings are only 16 years old.  Aren't they suppose to last forever? 

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #38 
Thanks to all involved had a great time. Why don't you quite that silly day job and put on about 6 events a year in about three or four states that would be cool.  Thanks again Chad

FlyNW

Swampy said it's okay.
How deep can it really be?
Reply with quote  #39 
Swampy and the DDS crew, thanks for putting together another great Devils Creek.  What a great time with wonderful folks.  I appreciate the camaraderie and helping hands that make this one top drawer club.  Can't wait to ride with everyone again soon.

Nate  

Delightfully Tacky
Yet Unrefined..."
Reply with quote  #40 

I found the problem with my bike this morning in 30 minutes. I wish I knew it would be this easy when it broke (stuck in 3rd gear) on the last section Saturday afternoon. I would have had the KTM folks get me a gasket and I could have rode Sunday.  See the picture for any of you with the RFS motor. There is a sliding plate attached to the shift lever  shaft  that is spring loaded and engages the shift drum (red arrows) . It was hung up and could not slide forward (see the gap) to engage the shift star on the drum. I am not sure why it was hung up but it moves freely now after giving it a little push with some pliers. I am going to take the lever off and pull the shaft to inspect the sliding plate to make sure there are no small burs on it (I  may sand slightly for good measure). There may have just been something real small I couldn't see hanging it up.  In any case, I am thankful that is all it is. It will only cost the price of the gasket for the side cover and some more oil. I need to order the gasket today to put it back together. I was fearing the worst and that I would have to split the case to fix shift forks or something.

As I already said in an earlier post... many thanks to Swampy and the crew for a great event. Top notch for sure!!

I'm Still A New Guy....Kick Me!
Reply with quote  #41 
Robert,
Thanks for putting together one of the best events I have ever attended. I brought along a few friends who got their first taste of the Dual Sport Kool Aid. There is no hope for them now. They are so jacked up for the Hootch that no overpriced farkle is safe.
I was reading someone's story about riding the trans American trail today (cuz thats what you do after a weekend of riding)and right in the middle of his journey through Oklahoma he meets a guy from Tampa bay, our very own Arron sprague! Mr. London to Beging himself!

http://www.mikebman.com/2011/08/trans-america-trail-day-7-between-little-rock-and-a-hard-place/

Its a small world after all!

Bob Parks

Reply with quote  #42 
Thanks all for the kind words, but the props need to go out to those who put the boots to the ground and spend their time doing things so you can ride! THEY ROCK and I can't say THANK YOU enough!

Here's Deputy Tim handing out t-shirts after tech inspection... (We actually had 4 law enforcement officials riding the event!)(Helps to have them around!)

CFTR's Keith Finnerty (on hand to lend a hand!) checks out the KTM 990 Adventure Baja by Motorcycle Enthusiasts!

But wait Swampy, what about lunch? What's so special about Miss Linda?

Like I've said before, if you want a Wal-Mart event you get a ham sandwich... at DDS you get something special with Miss Linda.... you don't get a ham sandwich.... you get real food made with love! Miss Linda lives her Boys! (Go ahead, post your Miss Linda pictures! I know there are a bunch out there!)

Yup BBQ ribs and chicken and all the fixin's in the middle of nowhere today! Or you can have a ham sammich or a can of Vienna sausages on that Wal-Mart ride.... just sayin'.... Miss Linda don't come cheap!

Steve gettin' round one..... did we mention if you wanted round two... or round three...? But remember, there's still a half-day riding ahead!

Cratsley is thinking he shoulda brought the MultiStrada 'cause he ate too much to puke in the woods!

Miss Linda at lunch? Get's the Kubano Seal of Approval!

One nice thing is that all routes lead to lunch. Adventure riders, Discovery riders and Dual Sport riders all have lunch at the same spot. Three different routes, but we all have lunch together! The DDS Family ROCKS!

After having lunch, it's time to head back out for the second half.... yes that's right... there's still a whole half a day's riding ahead!

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #43 
Hey all, I have already posted once, but if you would like to see some great video of the discovery route from 2013 DC. Go to my channel on you tube. Same handle as here, 1965stangr. You will see other rides as well. I think there are several of last years DC ride as well.
Thanks again to swampy and all those that helped and didn't get to ride. You guys are the best.

Reply with quote  #44 
.... and just some more action scenes from Saturday afternoon.... in the home stretch in the last woods section...

Do you recognize anyone?

Here's Keith Finnerty from CFTR who was helping out with the event. He didn't really believe there was a sweep crew.... always heard about them but never saw them! So he stuck around until the final riders were out of the woods, just to see for himself that the sweep crew really existed!(Just kidding of course!)

L-R Dave Hall, Keith, Brian Pratt!

Now what's all this talk about the DDS Saturday Night Bullshoot?

Let's get some pictures up!

Reply with quote  #45 
Devil's Creek Bullshoot

It was a brainchild of Bert about 6 years ago and has grown into something....

Well.... you gotta be there...

Here's the official Devil's Creek Cake.....complete with a delicious and edible DC Logo! Not only could you ride the Creek, it left a sweet taste in your mouth! Or.... you could have your Creek and eat it too.... or....

DDS Sound Guy Rich Bumar and his band Happenstance rocked the campground.... and a damn fine band they were!

We were even part of a Rockumentary being made....

Here's a little more about Mr Dan Frost and his American Dream Tour! from the DDS Facebook page....

So let's see..... a great weekend so far and we still have Sunday left..... even though some folks were worn out from Saturday..... but Sunday rocked as well! More to come!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!