Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

Registration Opens January 2, 2019

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next
elopez93

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #46 

Had a great time!! Thank you Swampy and everyone who help made it possible. Also to everyone who looked out for me on Saturday when I had my flat tire. I missed half of Saturday, but thanks to Team Wanker on Sunday I ended up having a great overall ride. Thank you guys!

Reply with quote  #47 

Okay okay.... let me dig out some pictures.... but first.... the applause:

Props to Mrs Swampy, Laurie and Tim (and Aubrie) Knopick, Bill Whalen, Bill Walls, Keith Herve, Rich Bumar, Bert Barnes, Mike Driver, Jack lambert, Tom Rooks, Andy Young, Dave Hall, Steve Vaughn, Becky Stubblefield, and anyone else who chipped in to make the Devil's Creek a success!

Props go out to

Motorcycle Enthusiasts KTM/Triumph of Springhill

Euro Cycles BMW/Ducati  of Odessa

Barney's Motorcycle and Marine in St Pete

Billit Innovations

Hooters Restaurants

for the prizes and support provided!

Reply with quote  #48 

And...
Miss Linda!!!

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
stubbjr

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #49 
  What! This thread died a sudden death.
  Man what a different Devils Creek! Different time of year, sooo dry and dusty, warm and clear skies. Our group ended up with 136 miles Saturday and about 120 Sunday and for the first time in a long time I was hurting on Monday.
  I thought we were going to complete the event with no problems but Sunday afternoon Rocky had what he said was a series of events. He said his leg got cool and wet followed by his bike stopped running. Seems as how his fuel line ruptured and the KTM refused to go any further without being fed. He had it fixed in a few minutes and we were once again under way. Then my odo suddenly stopped working so Evan took the lead for the rest of the day giving me a chance to dine on some "rich loam".  Great job Evan!
  The weather was just right for "Margarita ville" Saturday night and the food was great as usual. Thanks to all who brought a covered dish, Mrs Swampys breakfast and Miss Linda no one has to be concerned about being hungry at the creek!
   I always have a great time at the Creek and it's the ride I look forward to each year. Thanks Swampy and crew.

Does This Bike
Make My Butt Look Fat?
Reply with quote  #50 

Yea it did die pretty fast. Was waiting on the Swampy pics

stubbjr

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #51 
Me too.

Good, Bad, and Ugly
Reply with quote  #52 

01 Suzuki DR-Z250
06 Triumph Tiger
96 Yamaha XT225 (Mel's bike she doesn't ride)
79 XS650F Rode it from 1985 to 94 Needs TLC
75 DT250B Since I was 19 

"Life Changing is when you no longer have a Bike"
swampy

Reply with quote  #53 
Now that life has finally slowed down a bit, I can get to them.....

Stay tuned!

Just How Old IS Dirt, Exactly?
Reply with quote  #54 

Hey Swampy, I appologize for not making it to Devils Creek this year. I think that would have made 8 years straight. I had a horendous scheule the two weeks before and I could not get myself out of bed that day. Since I didn't make it do i still send in my membership fee? How much is it nowadays?? 

Yaller Foot Pegs $#8.95 plus shippin ( Damn gas )
Snap Off Foot Peg Company
But wait....
Due to the current economy shippin has gone up

Tiger Tom
Turn Signal Tom
Pops

05 KLR 650 (a future in farkling)
01 KTM 520 Tagged
77 CanAm 250 Qualifier
73 Penton 125 Six Day ( Restored )
95 Triumph Tiger( First DDS Tiger )

If your gonna be stupid you better be tough.( Damn, I gotta start workin out )

If it looks deep...it's deeper. Yep, ask Johnny Africa.

The best way out of most situations is more gas.
swampy

Reply with quote  #55 

So let's start at tech!

This picture is telling actually as you can see these two guys have Kawasaki KLX250s. This is the forst year that we had so many KLX's. Usually just Angie's and another stray one, but this year there was a lot of green present! 

When you reach a certain age, it's good to get a colonoscopy. And here at DDS, we perform this procedure for free!.... what?....... what's that Bert?.... oh My Bad..... it's a sound test, not a colonoscopy...... nevermind....

Let the cuttin' and tapin' begin! GVetting things right with the route sheet will help you navigate thru the woods! It's important to make sure you get it right and not put the strips together in the wrong order!

... uh..... speaking of getting it right here's DKO Dave conferring with Bert on some of the finier details on the route sheet! .... well.... maybe not.... but it does answer a question we all have been asking since the beginning: "How do Dave and Andy get lost all the time?"

... and poor Bert... trying his best to explain to Dave about.... ah heck.... nevermind....

... and finally the Rider's Meeting! Bee good neighbors, careful stewards of the forest, and have fun! We'll see you at Lunch!

Reply with quote  #56 
This letter came in from Jerry Myers from Indiana. It's always good to know everyone's hard work is appreciated!

Rain Dances With MiamiMike
Reply with quote  #57 

I know Swampy's got more pics than just from Sat. morning!

2009 XT250 "XTacyIV"
stubbjr

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #58 
Yeah I know. I'm Still...

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #59 

Reply with quote  #60 

Dang, now I gots o go and download pictures off the camera.... it's so much easier just uploading them on the phone....

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!