Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events
AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 6      1   2   3   4   Next   »
swampy

Reply with quote  #1 

Okay okay....folks will be posting pictures but first some applause is neccessary!

Props to Mrs Swampy, Laurie and Tim (and Aubrie) Knopick, Bill Whalen, Bill Walls, Keith Herve, Rich Bumar, Bert Barnes, Mike Driver, Jack lambert, Tom Rooks, Andy Young, Dave Hall, Steve Vaughn, Becky Stubblefield, and anyone else who chipped in to make the Devil's Creek a success!

Props go out to

Motorcycle Enthusiasts KTM/Triumph of Springhill

Euro Cycles BMW/Ducati of Odessa

Barney's Motorcycle and Marine in St Pete

Billit Innovations

Hooters Restaurants

for the prizes and support provided!

Reply with quote  #2 

While we wait for the DC2012 stories. I'll throw some pictures out there from the Saturday ride.

Here's a link to all the photos

http://ebardp48.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Devils-Creek-2012/22107901_hpzX9d

Friday Night Mike explains how he wants to get an early morning wake up call on Saturday (and Sunday)

Here comes Wanker nation

This way to Utah

All I want to know is," How do I get to Lunch"

Rich, How'd you let this get past sound check?

"The Unicorn"

Don't Ask...

Are we having fun yet?

Nothing like a cold shot of water to knock the duct off!

Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #3 

Lucy..You got some splaning to do!

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
pa_28r_200

Let's Listen To My Barry Manilow Albums!
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbarDP48

Bow-chica-wow-wow...

Dude, that story is going down in in the archives of DDS Wanker history....I know FU^& Y&*......

kawazukimaha

Good, Bad, and Ugly
Reply with quote  #5 
Well too sum it up it was like a "James Bond Martini".
Shaken not stirred and VERY DRY.

It was a great ride, Saturday Bullshoot and Miss Linda
food- fest lunches!

It was enlightening to have the opportunity to tend the crossings on Sunday. A little change in perspective is a good thing. Sandshark and DRIVER did most of the raking though. Experiencing the ride from the "other side" was educational. It let's one know one of the many responsibilities Swampy has as he conducts this event - Respect for the Forest, so we can continue to go there as a group and even more importantly, as individuals. A big THANK YOU to everyone that did not roost and or trench my crossing. The good news is - that was everyone!

Thanks to the Swampy family for putting on a first rate event.

01 Suzuki DR-Z250
06 Triumph Tiger
96 Yamaha XT225 (Mel's bike she doesn't ride)
79 XS650F Rode it from 1985 to 94 Needs TLC
75 DT250B Since I was 19 

"Life Changing is when you no longer have a Bike"
JerryIUP

Just How Many Barricades
DOES Bob Have?
Reply with quote  #6 
Jonas,

WTF  I leave Friday evening and all is well.  Now Monday morning there is a pic of you riding shirtless wearing a  neck brace.  What did J Africa do to you in that cabin????

Epic story.  Sorry I missed it.  YOU need to get to the TN 2day with us in June.  Cheers.

Looked like a blast.

Jerry

Jerry Detz
11' KTM 990 ADV-R
08' KTM 450 EXC-R Plated

"Riding, Mediocrity, and Excessive Alcohol can help all attain a full and rewarding life." ......TEAM WANKER
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #7 
Good to see that the DOT sent this guy to help out. (The guy in the vest.) 
"Take this exit off  I75 until you get to the crossroads, and then.............."

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

MetalMan

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryIUP
Jonas,

WTF  I leave Friday evening and all is well.  Now Monday morning there is a pic of you riding shirtless wearing a  neck brace. . . . .
Jerry

All i know is we stopped for a break, Jonas says he hears banjo music off in the woods and goes to investigate . . . . 30 min later he returns nearly naked, smiling, mumbling something about a "purdy mouth"?!?!?!

03 GasGas 280 PRO

"I'm growing older faster than I'm growing up!" . . . TEAM WANKER
jakbrand

Reply with quote  #9 
It was dusty for sure, but I did see at least one muddy bike.  Team Wanker representative Sfront managed to find a puddle of black soup.

Tasty food, well marked route, and good friends.  Thanks, Swampy  

crety cruising on FR 66

Muffler Bearing Tech Day
Coming Soon!
Reply with quote  #10 
What a great time, as much as I hated the sand, it was well worth it!  On a plane heading to AZ for the week and my body hurts....thats how I know it was a good weekend!  Thanks for every thing to Swampy and crew, was great meeting everyone!

jakbrand

Reply with quote  #11 
more photos...

dwipman on Sunday

Reply with quote  #12 

"My handlebars are loose" so panic mechanic with a trailside adjustment.

The irony of Babe attending the bar-b-que lunch was not lost on anyone.

See yall next year!

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #13 
Great ride and time,what a beautiful Fl. Spring weekend, thank you or all you did. Saturdays ride was one of the best for sure.

Jay

JohnHardiman

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #14 
Great event! Probably dryest Devils Creek ever. Never thought I would miss the water...Big thanks to Swampy & Family + all the Folks that donated their time put this all together. The food was great & the route was well marked.
Cheers

KTM 500XCW KTM 1190R KTM 300 XCW Honda Z50R 83 XR500 Street Tracker project Ural Patrol 06 Ural patrol, Sherco 3.0                   TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
jwciv

Brought To You By Tom's Yaller Snap-Off Foot Pegs!
Reply with quote  #15 
Best Waterless Creek Ever!!!! Except for the injuries and riders cut short.
Here are a few pics of the festivities..... wish I could have taken some action shots of the trails but......... I kind-of needed my hands to hang the hell on.....

Ross up next for sound check (an update since the wipeout Sat morning - a hairline fracture in his fibula and ankle contusions)

Jeff and Justin bringing up the rear

Quick Navigation:

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!