Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

2019 Event Has SOLD OUT IN 25 HOURS!

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 7     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   Next
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #76 

It didn't take long after TS Tom got to Devils Creek 09 (DC 09) to start hitting up the potential suckers, er...targets...er, customers.
He hit Swampy up before he could run for cover.

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
swampy

Reply with quote  #77 
Alrighty, let's move on to Saturday Morning at Devil's Creek!

Quick view of some bikes after tech...most were done Friday evening, the rest came through Saturday morning! All totalled, 124 dual sports and 31 adventure riders...

...and where did the riders come from? Well Devil's Creek is an International Event! We get riders from Canada, the Bahamas, and Micronesia! This year we got an old racing buddy of mine who came up from..... Antarctica, via New Zealand.......

Aside from that, we're talking folks from North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Michigan, Indiana, Idaho...yes, Idaho....and of course, the great state of Florida!

Things are still looking pretty orange this morning.... even RONNE Browns V-Strom there to the right.... it's a kinda orangy copper color... pretty bike.... hummmm.... the Mrs said she kinda like the Stroms..... we all know what happend LAST year when she said she liked "the orange one".....

Sound crew was getting a little wacky out there, probably from smelling to many fumes. I sure know they were exhausted! Okay, I couldn't help it!

Anyway, Johnny Afrika found himself with this card.... notice how it's almost a mug shot.... hummmmmm......

After coming up for air, the sound crew was back at it on this DR650.... Notice Rob Parker's (suzukidirtbike) interest in getting this bike at tech... after all, he noticed the white aftermarket tank and was drawn to the gallon-age as only a hydrocarbon-mobile-gas-storage-unit junky can!

More sound crew stuff....
I'm telling ya, too many fumes! They even sound checkd DirtBikeMike! How he passed I don't know, we may need to re-calibrate Rich's meter!

In the old days we used to call these kinda folks hobos.....
HEY! I think I hear a train comin, fellas!

Mrs Swampy keepin the coffee, tea, hot chocalte, hot water goin..... gotta tell ya....she was happy ya'll enjoyed the biscuits and gravy! She promises more next year! She's making sure we buy a couple more coffee pots, and a couple more crock pots, more extension cords, power strips... believe me, she has a list going!

Hot coffee,... cold fingers,... scissors... and tape....
What POSSIBLY could go WRONG?

...and this is why we don't let Parker have: ...hot coffee.....scissors.....or tape....

Okay, next post we hit the route for happy smiling dirty faces!

Brought To You By Tom's Yaller Snap-Off Foot Pegs!
Reply with quote  #78 
 didn't take long after TS Tom got to Devils Creek 09 (DC 09) to start hitting up the potential suckers, er...targets...er, customers.
He hit Swampy up before he could run for cover.

Bert, You being a world famous film director, next time you might want to say something like..."Will you turn that freakin motorcyle off for a minute....I'm trying to film a dang commercial here! Geez!!!   Where is Bumar and the sound crew when ya need them?????

Is it too Evil to want a DualSport Bike with Frickin' Lasers attached?   [muhaha]
I knew Fat Bastard before he became famous!
swampy

Reply with quote  #79 
Heck, I'm still waiting fer my Yaller Snap-Off Footpegs to arrive!  D'OH!

Reply with quote  #80 

The adventure riders had a nice ride through the Florida countryside over dirt roads, country lanes, and paved secondary roads. Cattle country, orange groves, horsefarms... I wanna do it again on my 950!

The dual sport guys headed into the woods only to be met by me and Bert with cameras along the way....

Quiz number one:

Name these riders:

Rocky Ford is always a favorite of mine. When I first started riding out here, this section actually had cattle in it. Probably about 50 head in the heard.... Haven't seen the cattle since 2001 though....

...anyone else happen to notice how clear and blue the sky is. What wa sweet day we were having, 'eh?

Hummmmm.. green or blue? Part of me likes the green KLR, part of me like the blue KLR. Part of me liked my '07 red KLR, but I thuroughly enjoyed my '01 Hefty Bag Green KLR.....

Now we're getting ta lunch out at Cedar Hammock....

Some people will get anything pierced nowadays....though Irv was tellin me he never gets lost when he follows the arrows....

Brad and Angie and Kiki and XRDan and Kai....

Bikes under the live oak canpy, rustic setting. This was a neat place to have the lunch stop. Special permission, special permit, special regulations, special rent, a bit extra work to arrange, but seemed to work out well....

DBM cleaning his goggles...not that it matters.... he never knows where he's going anyway!

River City Tube Changers in action! Definetly a government operation. 3 workers and 2 supervisors.... no but really, there's Bruiser, MrGuns, Chad Skiles, Tim Miller, and "Guy In Blue Jersey".....

So here we are in Miss Linda's buffet line... there's Bob Virkus in the red stripe shirt, Brad and Angie, XRDan in black and stylin' in the DDS Active Wear is Jerry Caudle. I used to race enduros with him a loooong time ago!

Best ribs in the south, chicken, sweet slaw, cinnimon beans, Texas toast, killer brownies, and Miss Linda knows how we love our hot sauce!

Indoor seating, outdoor seating, trees, bikes, drinks, Miss Linda.... how can a lunch break get any better..... oh and if anyone left hungry it was their own dang fault....

Kawi's and Zuki's and Beemers, OH MY! We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!

GS800's, KTM's, V-Stroms.... the whole adventure gamut was representin'....

Okay, here we have an endless debate of how this day can get any better....

But it DOES!

There's many miles like this left to go

....AND....

The BULLSHOOT is coming up!

Reply with quote  #81 
Remember these guys. I'm talking about the Husky and the KTM.

Never leave them alone on the trail as they tend to get a little frisky with each other. We caught em here and the Husky already had the KTM's wheel off and was fondling her spokes.

The owner was nearby but wasn't really paying attention.

Here's T/S Tom again and he's closing in on another sale.

He moves in and explains the benefit of the "Yeller Footpeg" system.

Let's listen in

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
suzukidirtbike

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #82 
How did DBM pass tech?
I don't recall using the stick to check for a spark arrestor.

DDS Lifetime member #0893
2007 Honda CB919 Hornet
1974 Honda XL 100
2003 Suzuki DR650 "SUPERTANKER!!"
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #83 
Hey Rob, Let's not let anyone know we got Video of the sound check on DBM..

And speaking of lunch..did Miss Linda do a fantastic job or what?

Chicken...

And Ribs

And Brownies, Oh My!

You did great Mrs. Linda  

suzukidirtbike

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #84 

I found something that's better than Miss Linda's ribs...  More of Miss Linda's ribs!!!

DDS Lifetime member #0893
2007 Honda CB919 Hornet
1974 Honda XL 100
2003 Suzuki DR650 "SUPERTANKER!!"
foneguy_dd

Brought To You By Tom's Yaller Snap-Off Foot Pegs!
Reply with quote  #85 
Sifting through page after page of ride reports, product reviews, meet and greets, videos....you name it....Dang if that Turn Signal Tom doesn't show up more than Kevin Bacon at the movie theater! I think Bert has a secret fetish for old dudes with bunches of  Silver Hair!  Wait a minute....that can't be right, he posts pics of Bob Mehl all the time....So much for that theory!!!!!!!!!

Is it too Evil to want a DualSport Bike with Frickin' Lasers attached?   [muhaha]
I knew Fat Bastard before he became famous!
swampy

Reply with quote  #86 
Back on the route after lunch!

Was it a gorgeous day out or what. While waiting fro riders to come down FR40, I decided to lay down and just take it all in....

...and from a groundhog's view here're some cool pics....

I'm thinkin' it's Lee....

...followed by Stubby....

... I think this is Rocky...

...and I know the yellow helmet is Kirk!

How'd this bike get in the woods....

Gotta help me out with these guys....

...not sure about the XRL rider...

...I'm thinkin this is Doc Glenn and his 200 EXC....

... and this'll be Bob Mills and his 525....

.... oh I know, I know... wait.... he rides with Mark McQuade... an Aprilia 550 RXV.....

I'm puttin pretend money on this being Tim Miller....

...and we all know MrGuns.....

That's it for Saturday riding...

Next Up BullShoot Pictures!

Reply with quote  #87 
No one escapes Tom the footpeg salesman....Not even Mr. Bill.

DangerousDad47

Just How Old IS Dirt, Exactly?
Reply with quote  #88 
BTW Swampy. You complained that your Yaller Snap Off Footpegs had not arrived. Your Paypal hasn't arrived either!!!!!!!  Your credit no good or somethin????

Oh BTW for you DDSer's who like to cruise on the highway too, my Yaller Snap Off Footpegs work great on those crash bars. You don't want those cheapo crummy lookin rubber things up there.

Yaller Foot Pegs $#8.95 plus shippin ( Damn gas )
Snap Off Foot Peg Company
But wait....
Due to the current economy shippin has gone up

Tiger Tom
Turn Signal Tom
Pops

05 KLR 650 (a future in farkling)
01 KTM 520 Tagged
77 CanAm 250 Qualifier
73 Penton 125 Six Day ( Restored )
95 Triumph Tiger( First DDS Tiger )

If your gonna be stupid you better be tough.( Damn, I gotta start workin out )

If it looks deep...it's deeper. Yep, ask Johnny Africa.

The best way out of most situations is more gas.
swampy

Reply with quote  #89 
BULLSHOOT!

This is turning out to the Festival of the Winter! A simple gathering after the days ride to shoot the bull, eat some food, hang by the fire or watch a movie....

Once again we have some hobo's hanging around.... wait a minute.... is that Rocky, Gary, Rick and Mahone?   Na.... must be a bunch of hobos waitin on the train...

Cycleman Bill Walls built this beanbag toss game... here you see Mrs Swampy in action tossing those beanbags!

Bullshoot's in full swing... food, food, food....BS... some more food... a little more BS.... speakin of food.... there were green, blackeye's, Jonas brought some killer Cajun Corn, there were beans, and a whole lot more. I can't remember. We had burgers and dogs and sausages and Phil Loos even fried a couple of turkey's!

The traditional Devil's Creek Cake....

DDS GrillKing DirtBikeMike (back to us), Cycleman Bill, and Rich just to the right.... it was a cold evening, but Rich positioned himself between the turkey fryer, the campfire, and the grills.... I'm surprised he's not in shorts!

More food.... heck, between Miss Linda and the BullShoot, Devil's Creek is worse than a cruiseship! You gain 10 pounds!

...and there's always a Swap-Shop where folks can sell there goods... this year, there was something special never seen before.....

Now, all that's left is to post some Sunday pictures.....

Special thanks for everyone who contributed and attened the Bullshoot. You help make Devil's Creek the event it is!

Reply with quote  #90 
Not the best pictures in the world, but Swampy and I did manage to find at least one mud hole to show for Saturdays photo effort.

and

and

I missed the good one as someone plowed right into the middle and I had to turn away from the spray.
It was the same old story...I finally was in the right spot at the right time and all I got was this lousy picture.

Here's some more misc shots from Saturday

Tom traded a set of his "magic" Yaller footpegs for the nice Beemer.

Lot's of tire repair going on this year.
Here's one from Lunch.

Which way do we go?

Having Fun

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!