swampy

Reply with quote  #61 
Whoo Hoo!

Congratulations Bert!

For a good piece of life!

...and now for something
completely different...
Reply with quote  #62 

maybe too soon but i got a pw50 with trainwheels if you want it....congrats POPOP!  (sounds better than grandpa)!!!

...and now for something
completely different...
Reply with quote  #63 
Quote:
Originally Posted by really
Swampy,
After thirteen Devils, this was one of the best!
I had a magnificent time.

One sourer point, in the rider meeting, you were more than clear about tearing up the roadway. The small platoon of KTM's did not understand this. It was embarrassing to watch them come out of the trail and whack away at the throttle all over the Forest road!

Anyway, thank you and team for the top quality event.

Really, 13
Wait a minute,,were these guys white? with knobbies? wearing motorcross gear? Orange bikes? I think i know those guys!!!

Just How Old IS Dirt, Exactly?
Reply with quote  #64 

Say Bert, God for you Gramps

Yaller Foot Pegs $#8.95 plus shippin ( Damn gas )
Snap Off Foot Peg Company
But wait....
Due to the current economy shippin has gone up

Tiger Tom
Turn Signal Tom
Pops

05 KLR 650 (a future in farkling)
01 KTM 520 Tagged
77 CanAm 250 Qualifier
73 Penton 125 Six Day ( Restored )
95 Triumph Tiger( First DDS Tiger )

If your gonna be stupid you better be tough.( Damn, I gotta start workin out )

If it looks deep...it's deeper. Yep, ask Johnny Africa.

The best way out of most situations is more gas.
rick68fl

Where's Bert?
Reply with quote  #65 
I guess we're never going to get to see Swampy's pictures...  

MiamiMike

Official DDS Dance Instructor
Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftr818
Quote:
Originally Posted by really
Swampy,
One sourer point, in the rider meeting, you were more than clear about tearing up the roadway. The small platoon of KTM's did not understand this. It was embarrassing to watch them come out of the trail and whack away at the throttle all over the Forest road!

Really, 13
Wait a minute,,were these guys white? with knobbies? wearing motorcross gear? Orange bikes? I think i know those guys!!!

Maybe we should ban all the orange bike guys ,,starting with FRT818,..take a vote,,, ban,,Ya  or no ban,, but definetly ban (ftr818)
most people dont like you
But I DO,,,
my vote #1 BAN

...and now for something
completely different...
Reply with quote  #67 

I dont have an orange bike you ninny...and you still look like a homeless man..that robbed a motorcross dolphin fan. Maybe if you de-flea/shave that beard.....

I Just Got A Letter From AARP....
Reply with quote  #68 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftr818

I dont have an orange bike you ninny...and you still look like a homeless man..that robbed a motorcross dolphin fan. Maybe if you de-flea/shave that beard.....

Hey Irv, r u seeing staight by now? I would never in a minute think you would sling mud and tear up stuff! Hardeeman sez you are.............what's the box say Steve, the box sez shut up!!!!!!!!!!

TEAM DUMB-ASS [member#001]
TEAM SMART-ASS

A good rider has balance, judgment, and timing.......so does a good wife.

Randy and Robin West

Growing Bolder not Older

'03 GL 1800
'01 DRZ 400

I like slow walks on the beach & poking at dead things with a stick.
DRIVER

Reply with quote  #69 

QUOTE=ftr818]...and you still look like a homeless man..that robbed a motorcross dolphin fan

Not the type to pile on ... but that's just plain funny.  (sorry Mike)

jakbrand

Reply with quote  #70 
redfishguide (?) at Devils Creek 2009 

RESET? There was a Reset?
Reply with quote  #71 
Yup that's me.  Thanks for posting.

Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakbrand
redfishguide (?) at Devils Creek 2009 

swampy

Reply with quote  #72 
Devil's Creek 2009

Was that a great weekend or what?

I just want to start off by thanking everyone involved. There is so much behind the scenes work that many do to pull this thing off so ya'll can have a great weekend of riding. Without these folks, it couldn't be done:

Props To The Event Team!

Kudo's To the Layout Team: Bill Walls, Jim Osborne, Rob Parker, Rich Bumar, Jack Lambert, Mike Driver, and Mike Hernandez!

These are the guys that rode and routed and adjusted, and conformed, and rerouted, and found a way around, and hung ribbons, and rode somemore, just to make sure ya'll found your way through the woods!

Pre-riders: Jack Lambert, Tom Rooks, and the guys from Barney's Yamaha in St Pete! Riding and ribboning in the early hours!

Sound Crew:
Rich Bumar, DirtBikeMike Hubbard, Samantha Andrews, Rob Parker, Tom McPhail... Important job to promote a positive image!

Mid-Pack Surveyors:
Rob Parker, Brian Pratt making sure things are going smoothly in the woods.

Sweep Riders:
THE BEST team of sweepers any club could have: Mike Driver and Dave Smith

Crossing Team: Bill Walls, Tom McPhail. Our permit requirements include that we provide a road crossing team for CR471. Ya'll met Tom when you came out of the wood, Bill was wandering along the way in his truck with a trailer.

The Sign-In Team: Laurie Knopick, Mrs Swampy & L'il Miss Aubrie. Do these have it down to a science or what!

BullShoot Squadron: Bert Barnes (it was his idea in the first place!), DDS GrillKing Mike Hubbard (we gotta get this boy a BIG grill next year!), Laurie Knopick, Debbie Frady

DDS Woodmen:
The McGillicudy Bros: Mike and Dan, they brought the truckload of wood for the Creek Fire we had each night and morning!

...and there were a few folks that jumped in here and there for short periods of time, I'm sorry i forgot who and where, but I've seen you in there for short stretches pitching in. That's why the DDS Family is the best! Thank to you as well!

Totalling up the volunteer hours everyone has put in to pull off the 2009 DC.....drumroll please.....

...454 volunteer man-hours of work in the month of January by these folks to bring you the DC!

(this does not include all the administrative pieces, typing printing, proofing, etc that I do. I don't ever wanna tally THAT up, it would make me cry!)

I also want to send out props to Karen at Sertoma and her husband for being so welcoming of us, and also to the Division of Forestry for working with us the past 14 years and making this opportunity for you!

So that's how I want to start my posts on Devil's Creek 2009.

I said this at the riders meeting Saturday morning and I'll say it again. The folks in DDS are some of the best folks I have had the privilige to know in my life, in and out of motorcycling. I appreciate everything you do. I consider you all my family. Thanks.

Got Mud?
Reply with quote  #73 

SWAMPY GOIN GREEN thats right i saw him sat. am at devils creek warmn up the gravy using alternative cooking methods .the man was saving irreplaceable foosil fuels , he couragously cracked the lid and put it in the campfire saving the campground and us alot of electricity. the greatness never ends. thanks

swampy

Reply with quote  #74 
Okay we might as well get this party started....

As with all great Creek Weekends, it begins on Friday...

This year, tech on Friday was an on-again off-again on-again proposition..... but it came out all right....

I spent Friday morning making sure the porta-let guys could get through the gate to the lunch area, then I swung on down and set up the sign-in area as we always do....

About 1700hrs folks started lining up....

Anyone see familiar faces?

Red and Green and Yellow and Orange.....it was like walking through the paint department at Lowes! Except these were MAN colors! Sorry ladies, men only see things in 7 primary colors. Peach is a fruit.....Fucia is a flower....

The sun was beginning it's decent in the sky and the shadow's were starting to get long....

Folks are chatting, renewing old friendships, beginning new ones, and as Jakbrand said, it's a great time to check out some bling

Rich and the sound crew workin on Kai's BeemaHa...

Kai's got that whole "What? Me worry?" thing goin' on..... and that BeemaHa came in quieter than the KTM's! (...and say hi to Rick in the grey sweatshirt in the background...)

...and from kai's old school...err...magnet school...err...reform school BeemaHa we move on to a new BMW 450...

...and the route sheeting begins! Here's Camon (Chris) talking about the virtues of clear tape vs cloudy tape....

...and folks making their way through sign-in gettin their packs, gettin their shirts and modeling the latest in DDS Sportswear! Notice Mike Worley (blue hat) trying to figure out what color goes best with the hat.... but then again... what color DOES go with that hat anyway?

....back at the tape tables... Camon (Chris) is now talking about the RollChart of '99: The Year of The Paper Cut...

Folks still filtering in.... On Friday evening we did over half of all registered riders!

Now DDS folks come in all shapes and sizes....
And DDS folks have all kinds of color coordination....
And some DDS folks are just...well... Gettin' Their DDS On!

....More tommorrow, as my vision is blurring looking at the last picture....

Ya know, I've heard it said about pets that their masters start to look like 'em...

Look at the last picture again.... which is the bike, and which is Rick? I don't know anymore... I'm so confused...

Reply with quote  #75 

Sorry it's taken so long but the first in a multi part sales promotion is about to start staring Turn Signal Tom  selling his Florida...er, ah, United Sates...er, I mean, WORLD FAMOUS YELLER SNAP ON/SNAP OFF FOOTPEGS.
Watch for it coming to this post section soon.

We all know that Tom first became a sales rep for these footpegs last year on a trip with me to North Carolina.
Here's hisfirst sales job

Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!