Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 7      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
DRIVER

Reply with quote  #16 

OK, the 2009 event is over.  Please put your books below your desk and I will administer your final exam.

Question:

What are “SQUID” marks?

ANSWER:  ( Please Pick One )

A:  A slimy streak left on your submarine’s windshield after you cruise too fast in the ocean.

B:  Something that you attempt to launder out of your “tighty whities” after that binge at the local all you can eat seafood buffet.

C:  Odd “S” shaped veering trench-like tracks left in the Florida sand roads by dual sport riders attempting to navigate a straight path.

Hint:  If you pick anything other than “C” you were not at this year’s Devils Creek Ride.

OK ... pencils down.

Mike

clyde

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #17 

Loved the 09 Devil's Creek!
Thanks Mr. & Mrs. Swampy and all the swamprats ya done good and we all love ya!
Wonder how long my thumb will stay black and blue?

Clyde, KTM-Honda ST and too many Vintage bikes to list

sleazy

Kazoo Virtuoso
Reply with quote  #18 
thank you Swampy for a truly great event.  the route, the food, the company was simply THE BEST.  and the conditions-  i couldnt have prayed for better!

thanks again.

oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Reply with quote  #19 
I'll try and get some of the pictures uploaded tonight and a few videos too.
So tell me...did anyone else think the T shirts were pretty cool? I thought last years T Shirts couldn't get any better but you really outdid yourself this year
Swampy.

To Take Mike Drivers Quiz a few steps further on a 1 to 10 scale:

1. Route------------10
Most excellent once again and two days to boot

2. Conditions--------9.5     
You could have had Miami Mike do the rain dance a day earlier and provide a few waterholes

3. Event Location----10   
I always enjoy Sertoma. Just a wonderful setting with great people.

4. Food--------------12 
Is it OK that I give Miss Linda's ribs and chicken a couple clicks over the limit?

5. Event staff -------10
As usual both the people that help put this event on top shelf. It seems that we're getting more quality people out on the trails each year to help out those with special needs. Cycleman Bill pulled a trailer with supplies and returned broken bikes back to the campground. Turnsignal Tom gave directions and helped change blinker fluid while giving a sales pitch for his world famous Yeller,"Snap on...Snap off" foot pegs. Sold for $6.95 plus $9.00 shipping. Included at no charge was his special 2009 Devils Creek guarantee that if you buy one at the regular price he'll throw the second foot peg in at no charge. (you kinda need two of them)
Of course Mike & Dave pulled up the rear.., er..played caboose,.er, rode sweep. Mike almost had to use his "get out of sweep free" card with an injury, but came through with flying colors

6. Event participants-9.5
I take off a half click just because I know you can't put this many people this close together for two or three days and not have any issues.
Having said that, I've yest to hear any of those issues. For that reason, I reserve the right to change my score at any time to a full on 10.

7. Gear--------------10
As I said in my opening statement, The Tee shirts and new gear are fantastic. Great quality and great designs. Awesome work to someone.

2009 is in the books and I can hardly wait for next years event.
Thanks for all your hard work Swampy, you really outdid yourself this year.
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
AdventureJones

"Insert Clever
Slogan Here..."
Reply with quote  #20 
I'm home safe! 

Swampy , you're tha men!!! Thank you and Mrs Swampy and Linda  and Mike Driver and everybody else that helped put such an awsome event together!

Thanks to Greg BikeNut that hauled my stuff up and back to south FL and made for good company.

I'll put up with any 26 degrees weather to do this again and I didnt even rode the dual sport route on the second day due to technical difficulties (more on that later), trully awwwwwwsome weekend...

Pics coming soon...

Gone but not forgotten:
Yamaha DT250
Suzuki GT185
Honda XL360
Honda CB400Four

Now riding: 08 Suzuki DR650

"To boldly go where no one has ever gone before..."
MiamiMike

Official DDS Dance Instructor
Reply with quote  #21 

My fun started with this guy
Hey man hope U find your contacts
with an ARROW stickin outta your head

HOpe Your OK

ANd all these guys,,   ,,,,,,, and my new riding gear

God Did Bless this day

great conditions,,,,,I have a melted knee guard for sale

Great roll charts ,,we all knew right where we were at ,,,,,,great flag position ,,people with no charts made it OK

Thanks to all my fans  ,,,,,,, and Thanks guys

Let's Listen To My Barry Manilow Albums!
Reply with quote  #22 
Bravo, Swampy & crew, Bravo......

Thank you for doing such a great job.

Bruce

RonWinget

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #23 

Thank you Swampy et al. This was my second ride with DDS. Cheaha was incredible, but I witheld coment until I had another event to compare. Now I've ridden Devil's Creek and I see that this club is for real. I've been around dirt bikes and the people that ride them for more years than I will admit, but I can truly say that I have not been treated better. Your events are well run and the fun factor is pegged. Count me as an advocate. I will tell everyone that I know, and I will return again and again!

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #24 
Ah the faces of Devils Creek 2009.
Maybe you'll recognize a few of them.

Tiger Tom seems to be in an awful lot of these pictures

Hey Bill...What's your best side?

I see

Rob Preps the Mini Super tanker

A little Swampy tales at sign in

The common question of the day...How do I get 400' of roll chart into a 200' roll chart holder?

Did anyone mention that it was cold outside on Saturday?

Mrs. Swampy hands out supplies

More roll chart chit chat

Now here's a question I need everyone to help me with.
I see Rich on the left and I see his truck on the left as well.
I see Bill on the right and his truck on the right too.
I see Rich's bike on the left and Bill's bike on the right.
So let's see if I can do the math.
That would be two bikes...two trucks...two men...and one tent?
Somethings missing and I'm not sure what it is.

As I snapped the picture and walked away, Bill kept saying something about him sleeping in his truck. Whatever Bill..Who am I to judge.

Back to more faces in the crowd.

That would be our official Beemerha

John was pissed because he couldn't find a waterhole to drown out in.

Smoking Dave suits up for the days adventure.

While Mike does his best Fargo imitation.

More to come tomorrow.
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
swampy

Reply with quote  #25 
I'm holdin all my pics for a few more days.... but in the meantime, I spotted something in what's been posted already.....

Kai's Beemer-ha:

Before:

After:

Delightfully Tacky
Yet Unrefined..."
Reply with quote  #26 
This was my first DDS event I must say I was impressed with everything. The ride, the people, everything.  Made some new friends and I'm already looking forward to the next.
Some of my pictures are here:  http://www.winkflash.com/photo/public.aspx?u=ldmos&ic=7020163 . We spotted a few of what I supposed were some of the water holes that drowned some people last year...

On Sunday I should have read more carefully the chart. The last section just before lunch did say DEEP SAND. But I didn't realize it meant REALLY DEEP SAND... that was a work out but my little WR250R did not fail and pull me through. On the positive side, if there was any, I guess it was a good experience...  

And last a big thanks to Swampy for letting me change from the Adventure ride to the DS ride and take that last spot... I owe you one. And many thanks to all that helped make Devil's Creek great!

See you all soon.

2014 500EXC
2009 WR250R
2005 FJR1300-sold :-(
jakbrand

Reply with quote  #27 
  From Saturday's riders meeting love fest to Sunday's powerline tank slapper and everything in between, Devils Creek '09 was .

Photos in a little while......

Reply with quote  #28 

Just a few for now....

Sleazy

afwip

dwipman

afwip

More to come.

Just How Old IS Dirt, Exactly?
Reply with quote  #29 
Well guys it was a good one. Great weather if your an Eskimo. Probably the best riding conditions in a long time. Great friends, good chat, and FANTASTIC FOOD. Thank you Moss Linda and Mrs. Swampy for your breakfast  That coffee was really great.

With a dead bike I jumped in and helped wherever I could. As much as I wanted to be on my bike I really enjoy working the road crossings. It is a chance to meet more of the DDS members and help them out with directions, bypasses, how to get gas, and the short way to lunch or back to camp.

I want to appologize to the riders who were not able to get their gas cans back from me. A young gentle man crashed on the power line sction and most likely broke his collar bone. I was able to get my truck way back in to pick him and his bike up and by the time I got back to camp with him most everyone had left. They were left in Swampy's care.

I hope to see some ya'll at Daytona or the Black Bear ride. 

Yaller Foot Pegs $#8.95 plus shippin ( Damn gas )
Snap Off Foot Peg Company
But wait....
Due to the current economy shippin has gone up

Tiger Tom
Turn Signal Tom
Pops

05 KLR 650 (a future in farkling)
01 KTM 520 Tagged
77 CanAm 250 Qualifier
73 Penton 125 Six Day ( Restored )
95 Triumph Tiger( First DDS Tiger )

If your gonna be stupid you better be tough.( Damn, I gotta start workin out )

If it looks deep...it's deeper. Yep, ask Johnny Africa.

The best way out of most situations is more gas.
stubbjr

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #30 
  Wow, what a weekend!!!!!!! I'm trying to figure a way to sleep late in the warmth of my camper, get up for biscuits and gravy, eat deeeeeliscious ribs for lunch, have a wonderful supper with friends at the camp, watch a movie back in the motor home and still have time to ride 130 miles or so on some of the best trails in Richloam. Oh, and then do it again the next day and try to get some rest at the same time. I enjoyed every moment, mile and meal. The only way this weekend could have been better was to be about 10 degrees warmer but even that makes for a good ride report.
  Thanks Swampy, Mrs. Swampy, Tom, Bert, Miss Linda, Rob, Rich, Miami Mike, and many more that I'm sure I missed. A great, well organized event!
  BTW, who made the cornbread? Outstanding! The Bullshoot was a hoot!
  I'm tired.
  Rick
  05 EXC400

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!