A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events
AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 7      1   2   3   4   Next   »
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #1 
Swampy you outdid yourself.
Miami Mike, thanks for the rain dance that kept the sugar sand compacted.
Dirt Bike Mike..thanks for cooking at the Bullshoot II 2009 edition.
The conditions were as close to perfect as I've seen since my first Devils Creek run in 2001.
I've got to load some pictures and video, but don't let that stop you for sharing your ride reports right here. 
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
rick68fl

Where's Bert?
Reply with quote  #2 
My first one, but I couldn't imagine the event being even better.  I don't think that would even be possible.

Thanks for a GREAT weekend, Swampy!

ftr818

...and now for something
completely different...
Reply with quote  #3 

had a blast till my luck ran out..hit a rock and cartwheeeled,,dont send flowers..please. This years shirts kicked major arse. i'll be po,d the first time i spill coffee on it...sorry i didnt get to listen to Cycleman Bill snore all night,,helps me sleep. Anyother gettoffs? besides DBM...

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #4 
Vickie and Peter are back home in one piece. Great to see the gang again. Big props to the usual suspects. Swampy, Mrs. Swampy, sweeps, tech, and of course, Ms. Linda.

Kudos to Rich and the others who helped me fix the caliper bolt. I really appreciate the help.

Pictures when I get 'em...

Peter
RONNE

Rain Dances With MiamiMike
Reply with quote  #5 

Ronne sayen' many thanx 2 the group that put up with my cyhco route driven' after lunch on saturday.2 K T M's a DRZ 650 and a 250 Yamaha.real pleasure to have the oppertunity to lead a route for a few miles.

FOR SALE
By Neighbor
Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for a great weekend Swampy, as always I had a blast! I don't think you and the misses know how to throw a bad riding party, even the KLR  had fun except for when the pilot plowed into a  two foot high tree stump on the side of the mud hole that sudden stop and a sore part of the pilots anatomy explain why the top of the gas tank is caved in. I guess it's time for one of those military gas tanks! Once again thanks for a wonderful weekend it was great!
                                                               Mike McLeod
                                                               Red KLR 650
spochynok

Kicked Out Of
Waffle House
Reply with quote  #7 
where's the water/swamp photos?  looks like a baja ride this year compared to 2008.

good to see miamimike got his dolphins riding gear.  he looks "marvelous" in it. he can wear those colors with pride once again.

glad to see everyone had a good time.  besides the riding, i really hated to miss ms. linda's cooking. 

gummikuh

Won My Bike
Playing Poker
Reply with quote  #8 
I had a blast
Did not brake anything but a mirror and who new that the beemer needs that much gas??
Thanks to Rick and Steve I did not get lost.
I will be back.

See Rock City
Reply with quote  #9 
Swampy and company, Thank you for an excellent event!  I really was upset about dammage done to the main roads by whoever it was,  even if it wasn't a DDS rider because we are in the woods the Forestry service will assume it was one of us,  that sucks.
Thanks again for a great event.

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #10 
from a first time rider with dds, and from someone who's held around a dozen rides himself, let me say how impressed i was with every aspect of devils creek. made some friends, killer Q and a well laid out course. ken ford was my "guide" for the day, can't believe how fast he is at that chart reading. The campground worked out well for me, and i'll trade a little cold for no rain/bugs. ms linda will do my big ride for next year.thanks to the man and all that helped pull this fun event off.

02 KLR Green Hornet
Hendikaf

This Week's
Winning Lotto Numbers:
3-16-17-22-35
Reply with quote  #11 
One more time you made this event a fun and safe ride, a bit dispointed that is was dry but some of us still managed to get wet and muddy.Great to be part of it.

Won My Bike
Playing Poker
Reply with quote  #12 
What a great ride, thanks to Swampy and crew for another great one!

"Insert Clever
Slogan Here..."
Reply with quote  #13 
I had a great time! Could not have asked for better riding condtions. The cold mornings were a little tough on the slab, but once I got into the dirt and had to work a little, things warmed up.

I'm looking forward to next time. Thanks to those who heped me with my chain Saturday at lunch. I am terrible at remembering names, but I really appreciated te help and the ride to get a new chain.  I hope I can return the favor some time.

Won My Bike
Playing Poker
Reply with quote  #14 

I down loaded my pictures to here.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z144/floridasroadkill/Dixie%20dual%20sport/Devils%20Creek%202009/

The cold morning

working hard in the woods

Mike trying to burn his knee guards

After 200 miles only a broken mirror,not bad for a weekend

And thanks again for everybody that helped and made it so much fun.

This Week's
Winning Lotto Numbers:
3-16-17-22-35
Reply with quote  #15 
Thanks Swampy for a great weekend. This was by far the best "Creek Ride" yet - for me. The "Bull Shoot" was spectacular! We had a blast.  I ate way to much food. The route was excellent! The lunch by miss Linda was sooooo good! Those are some of the best ribs I've ever eaten! The T-shirt was excellent! oh, I can't forget to thank Mrs. Swampy for those Biscuits & Gravy! Thanks to Dirt Bike Mike for doing the grilling. Hey, did anyone buy Bruce's special "pre-skided" Dual Sport under ware? And one last thank you to God for such perfect weather and riding conditions!

Romans 6:23
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!