Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

2019 Event Has SOLD OUT IN 25 HOURS!

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
ChrisE

I'm Still A New Guy....Kick Me!
Reply with quote  #31 

So out of interest I sucked the track list out of my Garmin GPS60CS for the Devil's Creek ride on Sunday.

For the morning section, from the campground to lunch in Groveland, the distance was 61.4 miles at an average speed of 24mph taking 2h 35m.

On the ride back my GPS shut off for 2 miles. The first part of this leg was 35.6 miles at an average speed of 17mph and took 2h 4m.

Once I turned my GPS back on the last section was 15.5 miles at an average speed of 20mph, taking 46 minutes.

Now these times and averages include the time we were parked or picking me up and fixing my handle bars, etc..

Looking at the track log in Mapquest and Google Earth, it follows precisely the map handed out at registration, so good job navigating Bert (EbarDP48)

MiamiMike

Official DDS Dance Instructor
Reply with quote  #32 

Very cool info Chris

How do you  get the track log into google earth

email me offline sunrisemike@hotmail.com

it seems we should have been going alot faster

but with the fixes and everything else

20 mph or so was flyin

GREAT INFO

This Week's
Winning Lotto Numbers:
3-16-17-22-35
Reply with quote  #33 

Here is a photo of Tiger Tom after Rich Frady's "Patch Job".........I hope it heals fast.

Romans 6:23
jakbrand

Reply with quote  #34 

Tiger Tom,

That looks painful. Hope you're okay.

A few miscellaneous photos from Sunday.  If anyone would like their name in the photo caption, then shoot me a pm and I'll attach an identity to the mug.

Buford Ross decides to air down.

Bill Walls adjusting air pressure.

Mike Driver (right) is applying tape and chewing gum. Rob Parker full of hi-jinks and shenanigans.  Notice the yellow under Rob’s jacket collar.

Reply with quote  #35 

All excellent photos.  I'll bite and admit the above last photo of the "last minute repair" is me in the blue jacket.  In the background is Rob Parker.  Why are we smiling?  Because that bike we are "tinkering" with does not belong to either one of us!!!  Ha Ha Ha  

DRDave ... how'd that front brake feel? 

Of course ... JUST KIDDING.   We were just killing a bit of time since when you ride sweep you obviously do not have to suit up and zoom out in any hurry.

Hey, in the wild isn't it the way of nature to thin the numbers by way of the stragglers in the herd get picked off by the lions and such? Swampy, we need to talk!!!

Thanks to all for making it the event that it was.

Mike Driver

suzukidirtbike

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #36 

Bonus points for anyone who got a photo of that yellow underwear inflated!  (the life vest...  not my fruit of the looms.)

DDS Lifetime member #0893
2007 Honda CB919 Hornet
1974 Honda XL 100
2003 Suzuki DR650 "SUPERTANKER!!"
graemebo

Hey! You're Blinker's On!
Reply with quote  #37 
Swampy thanks for a great ride the event was really excellent! Thanks to all for the kind words and well wishes. I had a great time all Saturday and right up to the end of the third whoop as Bert described on Sunday. My awesome wife hasn't even asked about my latest Dennis Kirk order for a new brake light assembly! Got a few weeks off work, will use the time to watch some instructional videos and reread the chapter on whoops. Again, a fantastic event. Take care.
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #38 

Not enough info there Graeme. How's the shoulder and has the surgery taken place?

Bert

EbarDP48@aol.com

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #39 

REPLAY:

I just Love John Hartimans take on us standing there looking at Graeme.

I can hear him as he typed the words"and there were about 6 of us looking at Graham with our wisdom..."Dude it would be all swollen & blue by now, you just bumped it a little...nothing broken...lets ride">

Quote:
 "We come to his aid and he rolls over and comes to his senses. He complains about a sore shoulder but gets on his bike and rides to lunch. At lunch he tells me that his shoulder is sore and he doesn't want to hold us up for the afternoon section. With that we wish him well and he heads back to the truck via SR50 west. So I get an email from him today.. Seems he broke his collarbone in 4 places and is set for surgery this week. He rode half the morning with a collarbone broken in 4 places...." .

....and there were about 6 of us looking at Graham with our wisdom..."Dude it would be all swollen & blue by now, you just bumped it a little...nothing broken...lets ride">

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
graemebo

Hey! You're Blinker's On!
Reply with quote  #40 
I had the surgery last Tuesday. They put in a plate and screwed the pieces in, bad ass scar top of the shoulder to just off the sternum. Pains not bad and mobility is improved. It was probably the expressed on site wisdom that got me back on and riding. Not sure who said it but the wisdom I remember was "there's no bones sticking out and you wouldn't be able to move your arm around if it was too bad". Using arm signals to get back kinda sucked though.
suzukidirtbike

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #41 

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Chicks dig scars with good stories...  so be sure to come up with some good ones! 

Stories, that is...  not more scars.

DDS Lifetime member #0893
2007 Honda CB919 Hornet
1974 Honda XL 100
2003 Suzuki DR650 "SUPERTANKER!!"
JohnHardiman

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #42 

Graemebo,

You'd be surprised by keeping the mood upbeat & your andrenaline going, what you will & can do after a Richloam Yard Sale. I've broken my Collarbone several times & my shoulder twice, the pain & discomfort ain't no fun, you kicked ass by getting yourself out of there. If you knew what you know now, I am sure you would not have climbed back on your bike. Good luck on the recovery & lets ride! 

John

KTM 300XC, KTM 1190R, 1988 KTM 350, Sherco 3.0 Trials, 79 Husky 390WR, Honda XR650R, Honda Grom,  Yamaha Zuma, KDX200, KX500, Apollo Pitbike,                TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
dualsportriderfl

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #43 

Swampy, 

Can you post your pics for this ride?

I know you took my picture because you where by the trail two times as I rode past on Saturday with your camera up for a shot.

You must have some special shots from Sunday as well.

Tom   

swampy

Reply with quote  #44 

I'll post ride pics after I decide which ones I will be using in the newsletter....

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!