Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

2019 Event Has SOLD OUT IN 25 HOURS!

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
swampy

Reply with quote  #1 

Okay guys, post your Devil's Creek reports here...

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #2 

Thank you Swampy & Crew + Super Dog for hosting an awesome event. The weather came together just perfectly, the route was well marked & I just had to fall off in the only 4' deep water hole & submerge my bike.

I'll definately be back next year

Thanks John

KTM 300XC, KTM 1190R, 1988 KTM 350, Sherco 3.0 Trials, 79 Husky 390WR, Honda XR650R, Honda Grom,  Yamaha Zuma, KDX200, KX500, Apollo Pitbike,                TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #3 

Great Route for both days, but you're getting soft Swampy. We comleted the sunday route back to 575 by 2:30. That's usually the time we have lunch.

And John, be honest, you never saw a mud hole you didn't like.

See ya.

Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
stubbjr

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #4 

Hats off to Swampy and crew. Best creek ever! Perfect traction, no dust( thanks Mom ) new trails, great marking and even after getting lost after missing a turn we still were back by around 230. Almost made it back to the east coast by dark. What a ride!

Thank you, thank you thank you!

Rick

02 XR650L

I'm Still A New Guy....Kick Me!
Reply with quote  #5 

This was my first Devil's Creek and hopefully the first of many. I want to say a big thank you, Swampy,  for organizing this event plus thanks to the folks who helped behind the scenes.

I lost my riding buddy early on when he hurt his knee and decided to head back after about half an hour into the trail.

I managed to hook up with a couple of other groups for the morning and hooked up with some familiar faces at lunch.

The pace of the group I rode with after lunch was perfect, even though I had about three small crashes, but hey, that goes with the territory. The second crash had me searching my tool bag for my Allen wrenches as my handlebars got knocked back and the levers were pointing skywards. Well couldn't find those, until I got back to my garage  tonight, as my son had borrowed them to work on his bicycle. Good job one of the other riders had a set.

Anyway, thanks again.

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #6 

Chris, I think you rode with us after lunch. To might want to tell the fans about your almost having a "tree sandwich" for desert.

Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
ChrisE

I'm Still A New Guy....Kick Me!
Reply with quote  #7 

Well I don't think I could have actually crashed any closer to that tree without actually hitting it.

The tree was right on the inside apex of a sandy corner. Being a mostly street/race track rider, I rarely touch my rear brake while dirt riding and still do nearly all my braking using the front brake or the engine.

Anyway I came into the corner a little hot, grabbed too much front brake and tucked the front end just as I started to lean in a little. I ended up with my chest protector and face about 3 inches from the 20" diameter tree by the time I stopped moving forward. I laid there for a few seconds just thinking about what had happened and doing a quick survey of body parts for damage. I was close enough to examine the bark and determine that nobody else had hit the tree before.

Problem is, being 50+, quite often, when I have these little moments, the crash doesn't hurt, but as you dig yourself out from under the bike, wicked leg cramps can sometimes make the incident quite painful.

barkmagnet

Kazoo Virtuoso
Reply with quote  #8 

Good ride Swampy,

I only got to see about 20 miles of it though, my knee was really hurting by the time I got to camp. Did ya ever try using a 650L as a crutch as you load it in a trailer? I went to the ER about 7:00, got x-rays, a script for a knee brace, pain pills and a referal to see a Ortho. The x-rays were negative, the p.a. said the ligamnts were atleast stretched possibly torn. So tomorrow its off to the ortho, then probably to get an MRI and back to the ortho. I did come home with some cool crutches, I picked up some of those small DDS stickers. They will look good on them.    

DangerousDad47

Just How Old IS Dirt, Exactly?
Reply with quote  #9 

Perfect weather..almost perfect trails. A little more water would have been great. The sand wasn't near as bad as the Swampmeister predicted.

With about 3 miles to go in the woods north of SR 50 I hooked a gotcha vines and ripped the end of my nose open. I bleed like a stuck pig and finally ha to stop and do some first aid. A couple of riders stopped and provided some gause pads.  I did not know these guys but a great thanks to you two. One of them has a great photo of me with gause pads and duct tape all over my face. I was glad it happened toward the end.

Thanks again Swampy . We love ya buddy.

Tiger Tom

Yaller Foot Pegs $#8.95 plus shippin ( Damn gas )
Snap Off Foot Peg Company
But wait....
Due to the current economy shippin has gone up

Tiger Tom
Turn Signal Tom
Pops

05 KLR 650 (a future in farkling)
01 KTM 520 Tagged
77 CanAm 250 Qualifier
73 Penton 125 Six Day ( Restored )
95 Triumph Tiger( First DDS Tiger )

If your gonna be stupid you better be tough.( Damn, I gotta start workin out )

If it looks deep...it's deeper. Yep, ask Johnny Africa.

The best way out of most situations is more gas.
cycleman

What The Heck Was THAT?
Reply with quote  #10 

What a ride, perfect weather conditions the recent rain kept the dust down and provided a few puddles to splash through.  Swampy and crew did another outstanding job, the course was so well marked you could run without a route chart most of the day.  It was great to see all of the enthusiam of fellow dual sport riders as we shared this wonderful sport togather.  See you guys in the woods soon.   Bill Walls

cyco

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #11 

Great ride Swampy.  This was my first Dual Sport ride with DDS, and I loved it.  I rode the entire route, not taking any bypasses, and it really made for a great day.

Thanks

Kazoo Virtuoso
Reply with quote  #12 
Sounds like a great time...I plan to be there next year. Any pics??

95 Elefant SOld
89 XT350 Sold
05 KLR650 Sold
03 BMW Dakar Sold
03 YZ125 Sold

Man Law: FL Statute; Ch.IVSec 112.6 (Rev.12/06): Spousal Dual Sport Freedom of Transaction Clause for Men: The male spouse can buy and sell motorized cycles without spousal pre-approval during any concurrent period as only one (1) motorized cycle resides at primary residence.
650dirt

Look At The Size Of THAT Tank!
Reply with quote  #13 

Thanks Swampy

This was the first time I rode with DDS and I had one of the best time every riding. Thanks for hooking me up with Mike and his group made the ride even better riding with those guys.  Hopefully will be able to make alot more ride in the future. 

kawazukimaha

Good, Bad, and Ugly
Reply with quote  #14 

Thanks Swampy!

Year 4 for me was a great day in the woods. Early on, I was afraid that we were going add PT to the DKO for a "PTDKO Dave". He had a scary close call with a two track and a Pine Tree. Luckily a small set back with some bruising. No Broken Bones or smelling sauce. We were at lunch "on time" and back at camp just seconds ahead of Bert and his group. Thanks for the bypasses and bail-out. We actually back-tracked to pick up the bail out for a little more dirt time on the way back to Sertoma instead of the full pavement route back to camp. I made it back to Lakeland just about dark, unloaded everything just in time to relax in the recliner by 7 PM. Slept good.

Let's do it again! Before it gets hot.

Again Thanks!

01 Suzuki DR-Z250
06 Triumph Tiger
96 Yamaha XT225 (Mel's bike she doesn't ride)
79 XS650F Rode it from 1985 to 94 Needs TLC
75 DT250B Since I was 19 

"Life Changing is when you no longer have a Bike"
graffix50

Got Mud?
Reply with quote  #15 

Great job as always swampy and crew.

This was my third Devils Creek and all have been very unique. This time around was fairly technical with lots of stumps, logs, and holes to avoid. The water section was replaced by a sugar sand section (thanks mother nature) but as an Ocala regular, it wasn't bad at all. Weather played out perfectly and the dust was non existent.

The only thing I would change would be to have the power lines back. The twist was fun, but power line road should never be altered. IMO

Overall....A++

Also the shirts were the best ever!!!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!