swampy

Reply with quote  #1 
Here's a TVA#2  in TN

Look At The Size Of THAT Tank!
Reply with quote  #2 
Fontana Dam
No bike but a dam!

Attached Images
jpeg geocaching_-mystery_of_Fontana_7-06_049.jpg (631.45 KB, 13 views)

TNdualsport

Declined A Position In The Obama Administration
Reply with quote  #3 
The world's largest earthen dam. South Holston Dam.

South Holston Dam is pretty cool because you can drive across it. A nice picnic area is on the other side.

Reply with quote  #4 
I don't think you see a whole lot of these. It's called a Weir Dam. The usual purpose is to conduct water to a mill but this one is for adding more oxygen to the water. This place is totally full of Rainbow Trout. This is about 5 miles or so below South Holston Dam.

Reply with quote  #5 
Dam!

(I'm just surprised everyone's left this pitch hanging over the plate!)(It's a long fly ball...it's going...going...It's outa here!)

Reply with quote  #6 

Funny stuff ... the minute I saw the title I thought of the Lampoon Vacation movie ...

Here's one from the Oregon - Washington state line.  It's the Dales Dam on the Columbia River.  Sorry no bike is in the picture but the photo was taken from the K bike so it has to count.

OK, the next ones were obviously not taken from a bike ( I could not get financing for an Evil "Sky-Cycle" replica) but since the dam was featured in the mentioned Lampoon movie I present the Hoover Dam.

I flew over it a while back and snapped these shots (sorry I'm not a professional).  Something to note below is the construction of an interstate type road that will bypass the original twisty road.  While this is probably a welcome thing to the locals who must put up with the tourists rubber-necking wouldn't you think they could have built it a bit farther away?  Oh well.

One last shot.

Mike Driver

OOPS - sorry these are not in Dixie ... I'll go back to lurking mode as a self imposed penalty.

jakbrand

Reply with quote  #7 
This section should have the politically incorrect title "Dam, Dikes and Ferries".

Anyway,  nice photos Driver (I suspected you had more).

Reply with quote  #8 
Nolichucky Dam near Greenville, TN.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!