A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
for those who don't know me, I am a very attractive man.  To call me good-looking just doesn't do me justice.

Rich, I don't know how to tell you this but I wouldn't be bragging about being good looking. I think you were just good looking graded on a curve during this ride.

Compared to us, you looked like a real catch.

Having said that, the last young ( ) chick to come out of the Gobbler and hit on you...What was she fishing with?
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
rich_in_orlando

DDS LifeTime Member
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbarDP48

Having said that, the last young ( ) chick to come out of the Gobbler and hit on you...What was she fishing with?
Bert

Oh jeez, I forgot about that one.  She had been ridden hard and put away wet many, many times my friend.  She did offer to "cool me off", though.  I'm afraid I would have to have been on the lookout for flying dentures.  I just couldn't get past the huge underarm flab on her.

DDS LifeTime Member
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbarDP48

Rich, I don't know how to tell you this but I wouldn't be bragging about being good looking. I think you were just good looking graded on a curve during this ride.

Compared to us, you looked like a real catch.

How true

Reply with quote  #49 

Glad the focus was on Rich and not that incident with the Cedar Key Chief of Police....

DDS LifeTime Member
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_in_orlando
...She did offer to "cool me off"...

Yeah, that's what she offered: to, ahem, "cool me off".

Reply with quote  #51 

Quote:
Glad the focus was on Rich and not that incident with the Cedar Key Chief of Police....

Yeah, I'd forgot about that one.
FYI to all DDS members, don't go riding with him unless you carry enough money to bail him out of jail for making fun of a cop.

All I'm gonna say is Swampy might as well have had a donut on a string, pulling it down the isle. Just think of the cop grabbing for the donut and  Swampy jerking on the string...Yeah, it was just like that...but different.
Ya know swampy...there's a reason they call that place the pokey.

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
ftr818

...and now for something
completely different...
Reply with quote  #52 

Rich, you definatley could have been a helmet model...full face of course.

...and now for something
completely different...
Reply with quote  #53 

...and your friend Parker definatley has a face for radio...

Reply with quote  #54 
Cracker Adventure revisited.
I enjoyed our ride so much that I decided to take my wife back to Flaglar for an overnight trip...no, I can't get her on a bike for further than 30 minutes.
We took our time and headed up towards Flaglar on "The Loop" road out of Ormand Beach.
I'd always seen this little blip on the side of the road, but never stopped. This time I did.

An old sugar mill from the early 1800s..At least what's left of it.

Onward we head to Flaglar 

Lots of canopy coverage along The Loop.

We arrive at our destination and the same place we started our Cracker adventure a couple weeks ago..The Topaz Motel.

This time we stayed inside the main building
I bummed this picture online. The inside is full of neat old stuff like this.

Topaz Motel Hotel, Flagler Beach

Here's the stairway leading upstairs to our room overlooking the Atlantic. They even had a player piano downstairs.

up the staircase

So I get up early and hit the beach for some pictures.

A lone piece of sea brush begs me to take notice as I wait for the sun to rise.

The sea brush and I watch the sun come up together. What a shame there's no one else out here to appreciate this moment.

The surf picks up a little and I retreat to the room. We still have a long day ahead of us.

As I walk to the road, I hear a family walking down the beach and enjoying the morning sunrise.

We load up and hit the road, back through a few miles of the loop road and the West for a special treat.
We drive past farm land and fern growers to get to our next destination.
Many of us know this spot, as we've crossed the St. Johns here on many rides. I had already told my wife that this would be a special treat, but as we pulled down the dirt road leading to our destination, she looked at me rather funny. And when we got to this point she asks...where's the road go now?

The fort Gates Ferry took us across the St. Johns in style...er, Cracker Style!

There were lots of people there to see us off.

The animal world watched over us on our crossing as well.

My wife trying out her sea legs

Our destination is that little row of vertical pilings on the far side.

Just South of Salt Springs we stop at Juniper Springs Landing. This place is usually jumping with activity when I've come by. Today we are the lone visitors.

Looking East

We continued out trip into Micanopy, where we stopped and walked through all the little shops and then to Cross Creek where we had lunch at the Yearling Restaurant. It was like coming home sitting around and listening to Willie play more blues.

I posted this little Cracker revisited report to give you a little inspiration. I'd always rather ride than drive. But if your wife's like mine (not really M/C friendly) you can still take her on a Cracker adventure.

Bert

adventuregirl

This Week's
Winning Lotto Numbers:
3-16-17-22-35
Reply with quote  #55 

Awesome pictures!! Swampy definately needs to take me there!!

Kawasaki KLX 250
Suzuki DR200
BMW K1200GT
swampy

Reply with quote  #56 
Ya know Bert,

Folks could do the Cracker route in their SUV if they wanted to....

Good idea!

...and now for something
completely different...
Reply with quote  #57 

Nice pics, I liked the beach ones the best

Reply with quote  #58 
Quote:
Folks could do the Cracker route in their SUV if they wanted to....

On the car/SUV thing...

Ya know, just like it's less about the kind of bike you take your adventure on  and more about the kind of adventure you take your bike on.
In the same way...you don't even need a bike to enjoy the adventure.
That's why it makes no sense arguing about GPS units, tires, "the perfect bike", what octane gas to run.......
Just ride....
Adventure is how and where you find it.

Bert

jakbrand

Reply with quote  #59 
Where's TurnSignalTom or TNdualsport when you need 'em?

Nice photo!

Reply with quote  #60 
We've got to do a Fall Cracker tour....

or maybe the Gulf Coast Trail instead....

...and camp...

Who's interested...

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!